Welcome

Read the passages posted. Ponder our Lord in his Word. Be still and invite the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts. After prayer post your own reflection in the comment section.*

Friday, January 29, 2010

Genesis 6: 7-11

Genesis
Chapter 6
7-11
 


 

7
So the LORD said: "I will wipe out from the earth the men whom I have created, and not only the men, but also the beasts and the creeping things and the birds of the air, for I am sorry that I made them."
8
But Noah found favor with the LORD.
9
These are the descendants of Noah. Noah, a good man and blameless in that age,
10
for he walked with God, begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11
In the eyes of God the earth was corrupt and full of lawlessness.
Reflection:  Was Noah that special or was the rest of the world that bad?  I used to think that humans could not be that sinful.  How horrad it must have been to die in a flood?  Why would God not want to save each one.  I suspect that even as they died they enjoyed their sinfullness.  Even a flood would not turn them.  God is stronger than I thought.  He doesn't turn on man easily.  I know as a mom I could never turn on my child.  God loved mankind so much he would become man and die.  Yet some of this creation would never see his love.  Some of this creation was so harded and mixed with evil that it was better that they not be born.  Did God keep souls from hell by preventing their creation?  How much pain do I cause God?  Does He look at me and wish He had never created me.  I hope not.  God please knowt hat I love you with all that I am.  Allow me to bring my peers to you.  Help me to be who you want me to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

* comment rules

We must remind each other to not post anything hurtful. This is meant to be your own personal reflection space. This is not meant to be a spot to convert or convince others. No names should be written. If your mom comes to minds refer to her as mom not by ber name. Anything hurtful or derogitory will be removed. All brothers and sisters in Christ should feel welcome!

blogger templates | Make Money Online