Welcome

Read the passages posted. Ponder our Lord in his Word. Be still and invite the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts. After prayer post your own reflection in the comment section.*

Friday, January 29, 2010

Genesis 6: 1-6

Genesis
Chapter 6
1-6

1
1 When men began to multiply on earth and daughters were born to them,
2
2 the sons of heaven saw how beautiful the daughters of man were, and so they took for their wives as many of them as they chose.
3
3 Then the LORD said: "My spirit shall not remain in man forever, since he is but flesh. His days shall comprise one hundred and twenty years."
4
4 At that time the Nephilim appeared on earth (as well as later), after the sons of heaven had intercourse with the daughters of man, who bore them sons. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown.
5
5 When the LORD saw how great was man's wickedness on earth, and how no desire that his heart conceived was ever anything but evil,
6
he regretted that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was grieved.
Reflection:  How sad God must be with his creation.  He just loved each soul and have them turn away from Him must hurt so much.  As a mother I want my children to come to me when they need me.  I want to love them and I want to talk with them.  I want to help them, but they have to ask.  When I find that one has gone to someone else for advice a little piece of me aches. You are of me and I want to help you.  Now this is not an example of a serious matter but that little twinge of pain must be caused Jesus the angony in the Garden.    I admit that the comment of  "At that time the Nephilim appeared on earth (as well as later), after the sons of heaven had intercourse with the daughters of man, who bore them sons." has me a tad confused.  Some I will not understand.  This does not give me cause to doubt but cause to ponder.  My thoughts come back to how far mankind fell from He desired it to be.  *I admit that my curiousity caused me to do some more searching.  I found lots of information on the Book of Enoch.  He was the one that walked with God and never died.  He was Noah's grandfather.  His book was often included as Holy Scripture until the council that defined the books of the Bible.  I looked into what was in this book.   It is interesting and yet as I began to read more and more I was reminded that my goal here is not to read what isn't in the Bible but the Bible itself.  I love the rabbit trails and where they take me but in this case I decide to trust in the tradition of my beautiful Catholic church.  If at a later date I decide to read what is not included in this Holy book then so be it, for now I return to the version before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

* comment rules

We must remind each other to not post anything hurtful. This is meant to be your own personal reflection space. This is not meant to be a spot to convert or convince others. No names should be written. If your mom comes to minds refer to her as mom not by ber name. Anything hurtful or derogitory will be removed. All brothers and sisters in Christ should feel welcome!

blogger templates | Make Money Online