Welcome

Read the passages posted. Ponder our Lord in his Word. Be still and invite the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts. After prayer post your own reflection in the comment section.*

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Genesis 5: 6-17


Genesis
Chapter 5
6-17


6
When Seth was one hundred and five years old, he became the father of Enosh.
7
Seth lived eight hundred and seven years after the birth of Enosh, and he had other sons and daughters.
8
The whole lifetime of Seth was nine hundred and twelve years; then he died.
9
When Enosh was ninety years old, he became the father of Kenan.
10
Enosh lived eight hundred and fifteen years after the birth of Kenan, and he had other sons and daughters.
11
The whole lifetime of Enosh was nine hundred and five years; then he died.
12
When Kenan was seventy years old, he became the father of Mahalalel.
13
Kenan lived eight hundred and forty years after the birth of Mahalalel, and he had other sons and daughters.
14
The whole lifetime of Kenan was nine hundred and ten years; then he died.
15
When Mahalalel was sixty-five years old, he became the father of Jared.
16
Mahalalel lived eight hundred and thirty years after the birth of Jared, and he had other sons and daughters.
17
The whole lifetime of Mahalalel was eight hundred and ninety-five years; then he died.  Reflection:  These people lived forever.  I often think that God really blessed me with a few short years of fertility.  I wonder how long the woman lived and how many children each would have. I suspect that much time would cause one to become stale in some things.  Would family mean as much?  I hope that I live long enough to appreciate the next generations, to pray for them and to know them and help them to know Him.  I also want to go to heaven.My mommom was 99 when she passed away and part of her was very sad.  She felt that God loved everyone more than her.  I used to think that was crazy until Linda died and she was so happy to go to paradise.  I now see what mommom saw.  I hope that I can get my mission done before I am 895 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

* comment rules

We must remind each other to not post anything hurtful. This is meant to be your own personal reflection space. This is not meant to be a spot to convert or convince others. No names should be written. If your mom comes to minds refer to her as mom not by ber name. Anything hurtful or derogitory will be removed. All brothers and sisters in Christ should feel welcome!

blogger templates | Make Money Online