Welcome

Read the passages posted. Ponder our Lord in his Word. Be still and invite the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts. After prayer post your own reflection in the comment section.*

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Genesis 3:1-7




Genesis
Chapter 3
1-7

1
Now the serpent was the most cunning of all the animals that the LORD God had made. The serpent asked the woman, "Did God really tell you not to eat from any of the trees in the garden?"
2
The woman answered the serpent: "We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden;
3
it is only about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden that God said, 'You shall not eat it or even touch it, lest you die.'"
4
But the serpent said to the woman: "You certainly will not die!
5
1 No, God knows well that the moment you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like gods who know what is good and what is bad."
6
The woman saw that the tree was good for food, pleasing to the eyes, and desirable for gaining wisdom. So she took some of its fruit and ate it; and she also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
7
Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized that they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made loin cloths for themselves.
 
Reflection: First thing that comes to mind is that the word "apple" is never mentioned instead it is the "fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden".   Also the word serpent sounds worse than snake.  When we think of this story we tend to picture a little snake seducing eve with an apple.  As I read this passage the homeschooling week kept coming to mind.  I took a few days off of creation and the fallto concentrate on these words because I loved how CS Lewis brought them to life in The Magician's Nephew.  I admit that I had never read these books as a child so I was reading for the first time.  We read the book in one week and I can not get how visual the book made all that happens in the garden come home for me. How do you walk with God in the garden and do the one thing he has asked you not to do?  I would like to just get made at Adam and Eve but I know that I the worst.  I often fall and know that I am falling but feel that I am out of control.  I know that I do have control but I don't reign it in.  I blame my circumstance, my station in life, and my weakness trying to push the blame on everyone else including Adam and Eve.  Being Naked without shame must have been something.  I only wish I could see the beauty in which our bodies were created. Thank you for the visual Mr. Lewis.  You helped me to understand on a deeper level than just cartoons of the 7 days with an apple tree. Thank you dear heavenly Father for this beautiful creation of the Earth and all that fill it.  Please continue to breathe your life into mine.  I know that I have fallen and yet I long to be completely humble before you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

* comment rules

We must remind each other to not post anything hurtful. This is meant to be your own personal reflection space. This is not meant to be a spot to convert or convince others. No names should be written. If your mom comes to minds refer to her as mom not by ber name. Anything hurtful or derogitory will be removed. All brothers and sisters in Christ should feel welcome!

blogger templates | Make Money Online