Welcome

Read the passages posted. Ponder our Lord in his Word. Be still and invite the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts. After prayer post your own reflection in the comment section.*

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Genesis 2: 18-25

Genesis
Chapter 2 (18-25)
18
The LORD God said: "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a suitable partner for him."
19
So the LORD God formed out of the ground various wild animals and various birds of the air, and he brought them to the man to see what he would call them; whatever the man called each of them would be its name.
20
The man gave names to all the cattle, all the birds of the air, and all the wild animals; but none proved to be the suitable partner for the man.
21
So the LORD God cast a deep sleep on the man, and while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh.
22
The LORD God then built up into a woman the rib that he had taken from the man. When he brought her to the man,
23
5 the man said: "This one, at last, is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; This one shall be called 'woman,' for out of 'her man' this one has been taken."
24
6 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife, and the two of them become one body.
25
The man and his wife were both naked, yet they felt no shame.
Reflection: After all of the Theology of the Body talks that I have been to this passage reminds me of my husband and how our love is supposed to be.  We should be able to stand before each other and be naked without shame.  We strive for that.  We long to be able to be completely open with each other and trust that the other will not hurt us.  This is not easy even with in marriage.

I wonder what kind of world we would live in if sin had never been introduced.  To walk with God in the garden must have been such a beautiful thing.   Reading anything on the Theology of the Body will change your life.  I have found that I found it so hard to judge people after my first study. I read Theology Of The Body For Beginners and I felt like my unerstanding of myself and all of mankind grew so much. I love how much the Blessed John Paul II loved humanity. His understanding of how man and woman react were a gift to him from above. I am not smart enough read through the entire collection of homilies that have been collected on this topic to create the study of The Theology of the Body Human Love in the Divine Plan.

If you don't have time to read one of the books get the audio Cd's and listen to them in the car The GIFT Foundation Presents, Naked Without Shame.  Take only small bites at a time and you will get the most out of them.  When Jesus is asked about Mosses allowing divorce he refers to the beginning; He points out that in the beginning it wasn't like this.  We can't know what it was like without looking at the beginning ourselves.

God formed the world around Adam and allowed him to name his surroundings.  Naming something gives humanity the responsibility to care for and love all that God has created.  Right now we are in the middle of the coldest year on record in 40 years while at the same time being called to the carpet on creating Global Warming.  I see that in the beginning it wasn't so.  God was in charge of every aspect of the weather and the earth.  He gave to man the job of caring for it and loving it as his own.  In my opinion we are so silly to think that our actions can effect the universe in the ways we think they do, how arrogant.  At the same time we should never abuse nature or the animals within them. 

Lord, please help me to find my way to the Garden so that I can walk with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

* comment rules

We must remind each other to not post anything hurtful. This is meant to be your own personal reflection space. This is not meant to be a spot to convert or convince others. No names should be written. If your mom comes to minds refer to her as mom not by ber name. Anything hurtful or derogitory will be removed. All brothers and sisters in Christ should feel welcome!

blogger templates | Make Money Online