Welcome

Read the passages posted. Ponder our Lord in his Word. Be still and invite the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts. After prayer post your own reflection in the comment section.*

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Genesis 13: 13-18

Genesis
Chapter 13
13-18

13 Now the inhabitants of Sodom were very wicked in the sins they committed against the LORD.

14 After Lot had left, the LORD said to Abram: "Look about you, and from where you are, gaze to the north and south, east and west;

15 all the land that you see I will give to you and your descendants forever.

16 I will make your descendants like the dust of the earth; if anyone could count the dust of the earth, your descendants too might be counted.

17 Set forth and walk about in the land, through its length and breadth, for to you I will give it."

18 Abram moved his tents and went on to settle near the terebinth of Mamre, which is at Hebron. There he built an altar to the LORD.

Reflection: I love how Abram trusted and went where God told him to go. He thanked him and always gave the glory back to God. His focus was building the altar. Lot decided to stay among the wickedness. God did not condemn him but knew that if would be hard for him and his household. He encouraged Abram to avoid those hardships. In return he promised the childless man that his descendants would be more than all the dust of the earth. Wow, that is a huge promise, and Abram trusted. I need faith like that. I need to give God glory and I need to protect myself from influence.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that trust was so central to this passage. I am sure it was hard for him to believe because it was such a big promise. what a huge promise. He did believe. He trusted and then built an alter to praise HIM.

    I agree that I need faith like that. He must have also had humility to believe such a big promise and have faith.

    I want to pray for humility in faith. I think that this passage tells me that I need both

    I had not thought about the fact that they needed to separate because of the influence. I will continue to contemplate that.

    ReplyDelete

* comment rules

We must remind each other to not post anything hurtful. This is meant to be your own personal reflection space. This is not meant to be a spot to convert or convince others. No names should be written. If your mom comes to minds refer to her as mom not by ber name. Anything hurtful or derogitory will be removed. All brothers and sisters in Christ should feel welcome!

blogger templates | Make Money Online