Welcome

Read the passages posted. Ponder our Lord in his Word. Be still and invite the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts. After prayer post your own reflection in the comment section.*

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Genesis 9:1-7

Genesis
Chapter 9
1-7


1   God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them: "Be fertile and multiply and fill the earth.


2   Dread fear of you shall come upon all the animals of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon all the creatures that move about on the ground and all the fishes of the sea; into your power they are delivered.


3   1 Every creature that is alive shall be yours to eat; I give them all to you as I did the green plants.


4   2 Only flesh with its lifeblood still in it you shall not eat.


5   For your own lifeblood, too, I will demand an accounting: from every animal I will demand it, and from man in regard to his fellow man I will demand an accounting for human life.


6   If anyone sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; For in the image of God has man been made.


7   Be fertile, then, and multiply; abound on earth and subdue it."

Reflection:  I wonder why the seperation of animals and humans.  Telling humans that the animals will now fear you.  Is an odd change.   I guess that humans did not eat meat until after the flood.  The animals were sent forth and so were the humans to go forth and mulitiply.  I wonder if I have answered that call with 9 children.  I have wondered how many a woman would have if she lived for many years.  We often read in the bible how a certain child sins and we don't hear the pain this will cause the mother.  I wonder how different the family dynamic really was from what we have today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

* comment rules

We must remind each other to not post anything hurtful. This is meant to be your own personal reflection space. This is not meant to be a spot to convert or convince others. No names should be written. If your mom comes to minds refer to her as mom not by ber name. Anything hurtful or derogitory will be removed. All brothers and sisters in Christ should feel welcome!

blogger templates | Make Money Online